Saturday, March 30, 2013

So Excited to Get Back to Training

I finally went to the doctor today about my problems with taking a deep breath. (Well actually I went to a Nurse Practitioner who told me I should have gone to a doctor.) But anyway, I got an inhaler and was told to buy an over the counter medication for allergies. She thinks that I do probably have an asthma problem but also probably serious seasonal allergies from running outside.

I hope the inhaler and the medication do the trick. She told me I could start training again on Monday.

I am SOOOO ready. I feel like I am craving the opportunity to go running. Maybe it's becoming an addiction. But at least it's a good addiction to have.

I also decided that I am going to start to put a lot of effort into strength training. I was reading SkinnyMeg's blog http://www.skinnymeg.com/ after hearing her on a podcast and could not believe the difference in her body after strength training...yes please!

The nurse gave me the do ahead to do some physical activity today so I am going to take a three mile walk in this amazing spring weather and then I think I am going to do 200 squats and 100 pushups outside just to get started.

Happy Spring Everyone! (About time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment