Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Big Coffee Day

Today was a big coffee day.

Yesterday, I went for my normal 5 mile run out in very cold weather. It was just before 8am, about 27 degrees out with heavy winds. The first 2.5 miles I was running against the wind. But I did this run early in the morning and wasn't really paying attention. I thought it was a great run. The second I got home, I had trouble catching my breath. Then I continued having trouble catching my breath all day long.

When I googled this symptom, it kept being connected to "heart problems." "Heart problems?" -my hypochondriac self said. "I must be dying." Needless to say I was a bit anxious yesterday.

Today I went to the Alegent Quickcare and the nurse informed me it was probably just a result of me running in really cold weather. No need to worry, and also she told me to definitely continue training.

However, a day ridden with that much anxiety deserves a giant cup of coffee...after all, no heart problems here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment