I honestly can't say that. My year has been...a year. More has happened this year than I think has happened in my entire life put together. Here are the events that have made up this year.
1. I started a new job
2. Started dating the Love of my Life
3. I closed my business
4. My mom had an accident that turned into spinal surgery, then turned into almost dying several times, then turned into a Trach and stomach tube. Then turned into a miraculous recovery.
5. During this time, I realized I could trust the Lord in anything, even potentially losing one of the most important people in my life.
6. My dad’s cancer flared back up, then flared back down.
7. I ran my second half-marathon, in which my boyfriend (now fiancée) surprised me at the finish line
8. I quit running for good
9. My dear friends (and future in-laws) moved away
10. We celebrated my parents 40th wedding anniversary (something we didn’t think we would get)
11. I completed a Whole 30 and changed the way I ate completely
12. I got engaged to the love of my life
13. We celebrated my cousin’s wedding
14. I started weight lifting
15. I started running again
16. Then I remembered how much it sucks, and stopped.
17. I bought a wedding dress that was smaller than the smallest size I have worn since high school
18. I got randomly chosen to be audited by the IRS
19. Kurt and I hosted our first Thanksgiving
I have had more laughter, joy, anguish, anxiety, and tears in this year than I have had my ENTIRE life. Here’s to a completely boring and mundane 2015. Oh wait, I’m getting married…never mind:)