Monday, April 1, 2013

Back to running-the Rabid Goose

Today was my first day back to running...yay! After a week of dealing with the stomach flu and getting diagnosed (sort of) with asthma, I was so ready to get back out there. Unfortunately, it snowed yesterday so the outdoors looked like this
And it was about 29 degrees. Needless to say, it was only a three mile run so I knew I could bundle up and make it happen. I immediately learned one of my most important lessons about running: rest is imperative. After a week of rest, I got out there and ran the fastest outdoor mile I have ever run. I initially was running at a pace of 10:50, which is an incredible pace for me since I normally run about 14 minute miles. My body was simply ready to go. I finished around 13 minutes which is the fastest outdoor mile I have ever run. Shortly after finishing the first mile, I ran into a couple of geese (goose's?). The goose started hissing at me like it was going to attack me. I didn't even know geese could hiss. I considered taking a picture of it with my phone but was worried my phone would get mistaken for a magical goose taser and then it would really attack. Needless to say, I didn't think my client's would buy "Can't see you today because I got attacked by a giant goose," so I decided to slow down and walk passed the creepy rabid goose and hope it didn't go crazy. Thankfully, I managed to make it passed the goose without being bitten and turned into a goose (or is that vampires?). After the situation with the goose, I was happy to finish the run in one piece and go home to my coffee.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment