Saturday, May 18, 2013

Weird New Reality

Last night I went to a bar to play poker. Sometimes if I have an open night, I'll go find a venue to play some poker. I don't have a ton of friends who like to play so a lot of times I'll go by myself.

I felt like I was entering the twilight zone.

It seemed like the guys couldn't stop hitting on me. This is weird to me. When you spend most of your life being the "fat girl" or the "fat friend," you don't really get hit on that much.

I kind of started to realize that this journey really just isn't about looking better, it actually changes my interaction with the world. All of a sudden I went from the invisible one to the visible one.

I think there is another interesting observation that I had. When you don't have looks on your side growing up, you really have to hone your personality. Usually fat girls are funny and charming and they just become the "funny, charming fat friend."

So when the funny, charming fat friend becomes the funny, charming hot friend all of a sudden the worlds gets shifted upside down.

There isn't really a whole lot of thought related to this blog post, I'm just sharing something that I kind of thought was interesting and also, I'm enjoying this new reality:)

I didn't really have a picture to share today so I thought I'd share this quote:)

1 comment: