Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Minute Difference

It seems that Tuesdays have inadvertently become my "speed training" days. Mostly, it is because I don't tend to have as much time on Tuesday mornings so I need a shorter workout. Today it was run one mile as fast as possible, walk one mile, then do 10 minutes of Kettlebell training.

I got so nervous going out there and running one mile as fast as possible. I kept asking myself.."what if that 11:10 mile from last week was a fluke?..what if I'm not actually making progress?"

I went out there and ran as fast as I could. I actually felt like I was going to be sick at one point. The result?

Yep, you are seeing that correctly. I ran a 10:10 minute mile. I couldn't believe it. In one week I beat my previous mile time by a whole minute. I can't remember EVER running a 10 minute mile time in my life. I remember running the mile in elementary school in roughly 11 minutes or so.

So on that note, the morning was pretty much awesome. I can't wait to see the mile time by the end of the summer:)

1 comment:

  1. That is SO exciting!!!!!!!!! I wish I could run that fast!

    ReplyDelete