Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It Finally Happened: I'm Addicted

Right up until I ran the half-marathon, I would have told you that I wasn't sure if I liked running or not. I couldn't decide whether I liked walking or running better. Both provide mental and physical benefits, walking is less taxing on the body, etc.

Even after I ran the half-marathon, I was kind of thinking...should I keep running? Should I go back to walking?

After today, I have to say I have drank the kool-aid. I am all in.

I'm addicted to running.

Today I went out and decided I was going to do the fastest mile I could possibly do. I have been sitting between 13 and 15 minute miles on average so I was thinking "Maybe I can push a 12 minute mile?"

I went out and ran the fastest mile I could run and I ended up running an 11:10 mile. Do you know the last time I ran an 11:10 mile?

Neither do I.

That is the FASTEST I have ever gone out and run a whole mile, no walking. My mind immediately started thinking. If I can do one 11:10 mile, then I could probably do two. Imagine if I kept running this way and signed up for the Omaha Half-Marathon how much my time would improve?

Folks, I think I have a problem:)




1 comment: