Thursday, January 3, 2013

Knowing Yourself and Making Allowances for That

Check out this salad
This salad is a delicious mixture of Spinach, Grapes, Chicken, and carrots. It's extremely healthy and makes me feel like I can run for miles.

Yah, this is sooo not what I ate for lunch today.

Instead, I had Gluten Free Mac and Cheese from Trader Joes (Made with Coconut Milk) and an all-beef hot dog. Why? I was in the mood for comfort food. I had no desire for vegetables today and seriously, why eat spinach when you can have cheesy noodles and processed beef?

But you know what? I bet I still lose weight today. Because I keep learning over and over again that I am not perfect. Sure, there are days when I eat healthy, unprocessed food every day and feel like superwoman. But then all of a sudden, there are M&M's and I like M&M's.

The difference between me now and 90lbs ago Cassie is that I can eat M&M's now and still lose weight. Why? Because I don't live life like I "messed up" and am going to throw out the whole day. I eat my M&M's, I eat my Mac and Cheese and I fit it into my calories. This has given me so much freedom to eat and enjoy wonderful foods every day without going crazy. So if you are struggling with an "All of Nothing" mentality like I used to, I would suggest revising your eating. Because you can have your cake and eat it too, just also try to eat an apple in there somewhere:)

No comments:

Post a Comment