Friday, January 25, 2013

Doing Something Different

So last week I found myself eating like crap. I had two days with major binges and just felt like crap. So I made the decision (I have been thinking about this for a while) to join weight watchers. I never really wanted to join weight watchers in the past because I liked my simple menu planning and calorie counting version of weight loss.

However, I firmly believe that when you are stuck, you need to try something new. So that is what I was doing.

The leader of this Weight Watcher's meeting was very awesome. And even more importantly, she understood what it was like to live a gluten free lifestyle, which I have been doing for the past three years.

Needless to say, I think the community aspect will actually the be good for me.

The first 90 lbs I wanted and needed to do on my own. I needed to so it for me and not for anyone else. But I still have so much of my journey left and I think it might be nice to bounce ideas off of other people for a change.

Plus, I haven't told you the single most important reason why it was probably good that I joined Weight Watchers.

A small 220 calorie package of Starburst is 7 pts.

Yep, you heard me. I think this is good because the new points system takes Carbs into effect when counting points, and frankly, I have a candy problem.

So I won't be able to eat as much candy as I have in the past. Thank God. I'll let you know how it goes. Three days in and so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment