Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wow, running really does matter

I went for my first "real" run today after being unable to run since my injury on July 1. So I have either been walking or weight training.But I haven't been exercising like I've wanted to.

Yesterday I went see Leslie Martin at http://www.mcwomaha.com/ART who does Active Release Technique (Don't ask me what it is because I don't know) I called it "leg voodoo" because this morning I went on a run and it felt like I had never been injured.

It was amazing. But the most notable thing about getting to run this morning was my immediate mood improvement. I have been moody, irritable, mad at people and generally lethargic for almost 2 weeks now. As soon as I went on my run, it was like I could handle all my problems again. I am back to goal setting and getting things accomplished. Who knew it could have such as impact.

I am sooo thankful I can continue to train for the marathon but now I feel like I have to play catch up. I am back in the game. Sorry for anyone who has had to deal with moody Cassie lately:)


No comments:

Post a Comment