Saturday, July 6, 2013

14 miles

Today, my long run was 14 miles. Because I am still recovering from an injury. I made the choice to walk the whole 14 miles.

I talked one of my friends into doing the 14 miles with me so I wouldn't be bored out of my mind. However, I was still bored.

If felt like it took forever. In reality it did take forever (about 4 hours and 20 minutes). If there is yet another reason to like running more than walking, it's the amount of time it takes.

We went to walk around Lake Zorinsky and 14 miles effectively means twice around the whole lake. I kept joking about how I used to think that my 4 mile walk around one side of the lake was awesome.

We started around 6:30am which was the best idea on the planet because by the end of the walk (around 11am..seriously?) it was HOT. I am thankful that most of it was completed in the early morning hours.

Needless to say, I am icing my calf today and fully planning on running again starting Monday.

The upside is that I burned 2083 calories. I guess I can eat chocolate today:)




2 comments:

  1. no, the upside is that you look HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, I mean I do look pretty hot after sweating for 4 hours.

      Delete