Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Inability to Talk

The last three days my throat has been very scratchy. I said "hmm, I wonder if I am coming down with something."

Today I woke up and there was a huge lump in my throat. But I got up at 6am and did my 3 mile run anyway (there is definitely something to the idea of running before your body has figured out what it is doing).

When I got home, I felt overly exhausted and decided to just lay down for a few minutes. I couldn't get out of bed for a few hours.

I was about to get up and get ready to go see clients when I opened my mouth to talk and almost nothing came out.

Then I started coughing like crazy.

After that I looked in the mirror and noticed I looked like I got run over by a truck. 

Needless to say, I went back to bed.

This has happened to me so many times that I know if I don't reign it in now, I will have full fledged bronchitis. 

I am sick and I hate that. I am hoping (and planning) for this to only be a one day thing. (At least the part with the exhaustion, I can handle a sore throat for a few days).

 So I guess I am catching up on some TV (any good new shows anyone?) and am hoping that I wake up with a clear throat, clear lungs, and the spirit of the energizer bunny tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment