Wednesday, June 12, 2013

15 Miles

Yesterday I had the day off and decided I wanted to get in a workout. Since I have been toying with the idea of signing up for the Omaha Marathon, I wanted to see if I still had the mental capability to do a long mileage day.

I have been walking this week because I desperately need to go buy new running shoes this weekend. I have officially run through two pairs.
Now when I run, my knees hurt a lot. So I will be spending Saturday in a running store finding my new perfect pair.

I started out my 15 mile walk by myself at a the park/trail near my house. I finished four miles then joined some friends for three more miles. It was 90 degrees out and I needed a lot more water than I had for this 15 mile venture, so I ended up finishing the last 8 miles on the treadmill at the gym.

It was hard. But I did it.

Since I have taken a lot of break time since the half-marathon, I had forgotten how amazing it is to push myself two miles past my breaking point. It feels like every time I do a long workout like this, it forms a new level of character in me.

I love it. I forgot how much I love it.

It makes me think I am ready to get back into the long run game.

On another note, I am pretty happy with the Kettlebell workouts I have been doing. One of my friend's gave me a bunch of dresses that she didn't want anymore so I tried them on. I especially liked this one.
I was pretty happy with the definition I am starting to see in both my arms and legs because of this training. I never used to wear dresses because I didn't like how I looked in them. Now I think you might be seeing me in dresses all the time:)

Happy Wednesday Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment