Friday, June 21, 2013

First Week of Marathon Training (In Review)

For those of you who don't know, I recently signed up for the Omaha marathon which is on September 22, 2013.

I know I said that I wouldn't probably run a marathon or even another half-marathon this year, but apparently I forgot.

This is the first week of training for me for the marathon that is in 13 weeks or so.

The first day was awesome. Monday I ran 3.1 miles at 5:30 in the morning, followed by a 2 mile walk/run. I was pretty happy with this day. There is nothing like sweating at 5:30am in the morning.



On Monday I started to lose my voice but I didn't think it was a big deal.

Tuesday morning I work up feeling a little weak but didn't think much of it. I did 3 miles at 6:30am in the morning and came home and crashed.

Then I crashed Tuesday and Wednesday. I couldn't even work. Bronchitis had invaded my body. Yesterday I decided that I needed to get back in the game so I decided to go for a walk.

I walked a mile before I was down for the count. Such a bummer.

Now it's Friday. Tomorrow I'm slated to do a 12 mile run and my energy is back so hopefully I will be able to get some training in the weekend.

Hopefully next training week will be much better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment