Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Very Cold 7 Miles

Today I had to take my dog to get groomed all the way across town. Because grooming takes about 4 hours, I decide to throw on my running gear and run at one of my favorite places: Lake Zorinsky. I used to walk around the lake all the time when I lived out there.

There are two trails where you can run. There is a 3 mile loop and a 4 mile loop or you can put it all together and run 7 miles. I remember when going the whole 7 miles around the lake was such a big deal. Now it's a normal, daily run. Kind of a weird shift in thinking.

After dropping my dog off at the groomer, I headed out for my run. It was about 25 degrees out, which I have been running in for the past week, not thinking it would be a big deal.

So apparently, I didn't realize that running around a lake makes things a whole lot colder. The trail had some patches of ice, the wind was blowing, and it was freezing! I really wanted to quit after 4 miles, but I knew at 10am when I was finished with my run, I would be thanking myself.

I was really happy to get the 7 mile run out of the way. But I definitely think I'll wait to run Zorinsky again until it's at least 60 degrees:)

No comments:

Post a Comment