Friday, November 8, 2013

Addressing "Fake" Weight Gain

This last week I have been getting back on track with eating. During my friend and former roommate's wedding "month" I found that I was doing a lot of stress and emotional eating. As of Sunday morning, the scale was up a significant amount of weight. My body is one that gains and loses water weight at a pretty rapid speed so I knew at this point the weight wasn't real. However, I also know that if I don't address it, it can become real weight very quickly.

On Sunday I was up about 15 lbs. Through a lot of prayer and meal planning, I was able to get back on track with eating and exercising, working through emotions rather than eating them. This morning I weighed in with 11 of those 15 lbs gone (told you it comes and goes quickly) so I am thankful to say it was probably just water weight.

It also feels good to be back in control of eating. Meal planning and following that plan is what started me on weight loss 2.5 years ago in the first place so it's always the thing that will bring back to where I need to go.

Now I am also trying to address the exercise problem. I am finding that I am burned out and bored with running, walking is still doing the trick as far as calorie burn but I kind of want to find something I truly enjoy.

I ALWAYS loved kickboxing even when I was super overweight, so I am in the process of trying to find a kickboxing gym that has classes that fit into my schedule. Especially with the temperatures getting colder, I think this might be a good attempt at transitioning to indoor exercise.

Either way, it feels good to be back in weight loss mode after a hiatus of weight loss. I should be reporting a total 110 lb loss soon (hopefully in the next two weeks if the scale cooperates). I'll keep you posted..oh and if you know of any good kickboxing gyms in the Omaha Metro Area, feel free to let me know:


No comments:

Post a Comment