Monday, August 19, 2013

A Week of Calorie Counting

Last week I started calorie counting again. This seems to be the thing that works best for me. For some reason, I have trouble simply eating healthy or eating clean.

This week, I want to make sure I calorie count each day. I seem to be able to lose by staying in between 1800 and 2000 calories. This is also a good range so I don't feel deprived.

I was listening to a podcast where a girl was talking about making sure your calories are high enough because if you eat 1400 calories, your body will adjust to that and you will need to eat 1400 calories for the rest of your life in maintenance.

No thanks.

She also talked about how helpful weight lifting is so that you weigh more at the same size which means you can eat more. This was definitely food for thought.

Anyway, I feel like my food is back to where it should be after a difficult season. Now I just need to get adjusted to waking up early and running again. I was supposed to today and it didn't happen. I'm still going to get a run in this morning before I leave for work but I like having it done by now.

Not much else to report today, so I'll leave you with this...


No comments:

Post a Comment