Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Why Quitting Was the Answer

I quit my Whole 100 yesterday.

What came with this? Sigh's of relief, joy, elation, and freedom.

My Whole 30 was amazing, incredible, freeing, and eye opening. My Whole 100 was stressful, frustrating, irritating and imprisoning.

After spending time seeking some counsel on this issue from people I care about. I realized that I had started my Whole 100 out of an unhealthy place. I struggled with an eating disorder for 10 years and sometimes it rears up its ugly head again. That's what was happening during the Whole 100.

See, after I finished the Whole 30, I struggled a bit with sugar cravings. But I had felt so free and good and amazing on the Whole 30, that I decided I wanted to eat like this forever. So I decided to control my eating again..for 100 days.

By the way, even the Whole 30 people kind of tell you not to do this for 100 days. It's an amazing, incredible cleanse. But it's a cleanse because it's very clean and very difficult. My brain was filled with stress over this.

Also, this current season of my life has been filled with stress. I am wedding planning and recently found out I'm one of the few lucky ones that got randomly selected to be audited by the IRS for statistical reasons. This is not a season of life where I want to cook every meal.

But that doesn't mean I am going off the rails. I am still choosing to put in 20 miles a week of either walking or running. And most of my meals are still Paleo as that is what makes me feel best. It's just that this morning, I'm eating...and thoroughly enjoying...my gluten free oatmeal. And I couldn't be happier:)


No comments:

Post a Comment