Saturday, December 21, 2013

Sometimes I get disgusted with my shallowness

This blog has absolutely nothing to do with my fitness routine or eating. Tonight I am just really struggling with myself, with the little problems that seem to plague me that just don't matter.

These are some of the things I have worried about this week.

My car is in the shop longer than it should be so I am driving a rental car.
What will the weather be like on Christmas?
I haven't bought presents for some people yet
I won't have time to run all my errands
I am eating too many Christmas goodies
Am I spending too much money on crossfit?
Will I like crossfit?
I am sore from crossfit

And on..and on..and on...ugh. I am irritated with myself. 

Tonight I came home after spending time with a good friend, eating good food, and learning how to bowl. I walked into a warm house. I get to sleep in a warm bed. I get to spend Christmas with family that loves me. What do I really have to worry about in life?

Some people are out there in below freezing temps just wishing for shelter. Some people are spending their first holidays without a loved one. Some just pray for enough money to put food on the table. Some are considering ending it all because they can't handle it anymore.

It's so easy for me to be selfish, thinking about me on a day-to-day basis. But I just think that we should really remember each day to pray for and love on people that don't have as much as us. Because even if you have very little, there are still people that have less. Less money, less love, less support...less of everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment