Monday, December 31, 2012

Skinny Cassie Sucks

So I just signed up for the Lincoln Marathon on May 5. While I have walked a marathon before, this is the first time I will run a marathon. My marathon training guide is 18 weeks and thus, it started today. It's funny when you are making a huge change in your life, how many mental conversations you have to have with yourself. For instance, as I was looking at the marathon training guide today this was my self-talk between Whiny Cassie and Skinny Cassie (by the way skinny Cassie is not very nice)

Whiny Cassie: Seriously, I have to run 8 miles on Sunday..but that's "me" day, that's the day I read and hang out with people and I'm so exhausted after church.

Skinny Cassie: Oh and that's also the day that you eat lots of crappy food and make excuses why it's ok and gain two lbs that it takes you all week to get back off.

Whiny Cassie: Well if you want to be technical about it.

Skinny Cassie: "Technically" Sundays make you fatter.

Whiny Cassie: Hey, there is no need. I just want it to be easier.

Skinny Cassie: I'm sorry what about "Running a marathon" and "Changing Your Life" says "easy" to you.

Whiny Cassie: Fine..(walks away with a pout.)

All that to say, as much as Skinny Cassie can be really annoying, she is right. I have spent a lot of my life trying to make things easier, but to be honest, changing your life is HARD. It's hard work, it takes a lot of effort and it's not comfortable. But all those annoying people who say that hard work reaps great reward are unfortunately, right.

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to have to go steal my wine glass back from Skinny Cassie: man she sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment